Friday, July 4, 2014

I NEED To Try This One

Yes, I am taking a break from my Tartine journey today.  Have i abandoned the journey???  No!  But my starter is still but a somewhat stinky jar of paste, and my love for good bread is still alive and well.  And Geri is asking "When are you going to get back to baking?  You've been playing with that culture for a week now, and i'm just not seeing any fresh bread!". Good point.  Plus another work week approaches, and we are going to need sandwiches for lunch.  Ah yes, i have become a slave to the wild yeast. 

So, in order to service the need for food, and my desire to try something new, I just fed my traditional starter with 50/50 UBF/WW.  The plan is to make my old standby, which uses UAPF and rye, with UAPF and WW.  That's the experimental part of this long weekend.  Will my traditional UAPF-based starter like the wheat?  I think it will.  But i will find out!

And to feed my creative side, i am going to try this wonderful looking roasted garlic bread, from one of my favorite bread blogs, The Wild Yeast Blog.  The Fresh Loaf (www.thefreshloaf.com) is where I usually turn for my daily fix of sourdough knowledge.  But the Wild Yeast Blog has some amazing information as well.  My " go-to" bread is actually adapted from a recipe that I found there.  Credit where credit is due.  And someday soon I will post something on that recipe and my variation.  But for today, it is time to try something interesting!

http://www.wildyeastblog.com/2008/10/16/roasted-garlic-bread/

No comments:

Post a Comment